What is a2enmod command?
What is a2enmod command?
a2enmod is a script that enables the specified module within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/mods-enabled. Likewise, a2dismod disables a module by removing those symlinks.
What does a2dismod do?
is a shell script provided on Debian, and Debian-based Linux systems for quickly enabling extension modules of the Apache web server. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/mods-enabled . Likewise, a2dismod disables a module by removing those symlinks.
What is a2enconf?
a2enconf is a script that enables the specified configuration file within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/conf-enabled. It is not an error to enable a configuration which is already enabled, or to disable one which is already disabled.
How do I enable Apache mods?
To enable this module, follow these steps:
- Edit the main Apache configuration file at installdir/apache2/conf/httpd.conf and add the line shown below: LoadModule remoteip_module modules/mod_remoteip.so.
- Restart Apache and confirm that the module is active: Only use sudo if the stack was installed as root.
How do I check my a2enmod status?
You can see a list of available modules to load dynamically by looking in /etc/apache2/mods-available/ . You can enable them on the command line with $ a2enmod .
What is a2dissite?
a2ensite is a script that enables the specified site (which contains a block) within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/sites-enabled. Likewise, a2dissite disables a site by removing those symlinks.
How do I enable rewrite engine in Ubuntu?
Enable apache mod_rewrite in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS comes with Apache 2.4.
- sudo a2enmod rewrite.
- sudo service apache2 restart.
- To use mod_rewrite from within .htaccess files (which is a very common use case), edit the default VirtualHost with.
- sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf.
How can I tell if Apache is running a PHP module?
Well-Known Member. Go to WHM > Software > Update Apache > Load Previous Config. If PHP suEXEC Support is not checked, PHP will be running as an Apache module. If you don’t want to run PHP as an Apache module, check the suEXEC option and rebuild Apache.
How do I disable websites enabled?
Use the Sites-Enabled Directory
- To find the name of the domain, list all of the sites hosted on the Linode using the following command: ls /etc/nginx/sites-available.
- To disable a site, remove the symbolic link from the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled directory.
- Reload NGINX to apply the change.