How do you change a field in FileMaker?
How do you change a field in FileMaker?
Double-click the field name, or select the field and click Options. Select the field, then click Delete. Select the calculation field, then click Options (or double-click the field name). In the Specify Calculation dialog box, make your changes, then click OK.
How do you define a field in FileMaker?
Windows: Double-click the field, then type a new field name. OS X: Select the field, then click the field name and type a new field name. See About naming fields. Select the field type, then choose a new type from the list.
How do I add a calculated field in FileMaker?
Right-click the column heading for the new field, then choose Field > Field Type > Calculation from the shortcut menu. 4. Build a formula for calculation and specify options for the field in the Specify Calculation dialog box.
How do I add a field in FileMaker Pro?
Figure 10.65 To add an already defined field to a layout, click on the status area’s Field button and drag the resulting field to where you want it. When the Specify Field dialog box appears, click on a name for the new field (Figure 10.66).
How do I edit a FileMaker database?
To edit a FileMaker data source:
- Choose File menu > Manage > External Data Sources.
- Select the FileMaker data source in the list and click Edit.
- You can change the name of the data source, edit the file path, or add another file to the file path list.
How do I delete a field in FileMaker Pro?
In Layout mode, click the field to select it. Press Backspace or Delete, or choose Edit menu > Clear.
What is a calculation field?
A calculated field is a field that uses existing database fields and applies additional logic — it allows you to create new data from your existing data. performs some calculation on database fields to create a value that is not directly stored in the database or.
How do I add a field in layout?
To add a local name field to a page layout:
- From Setup, select Object Manager.
- Select the object with the local name field.
- Select Page Layout and click the page layout to edit it.
- Drag the local name field to the record section.
- Click Save.
How do I edit a file in FileMaker Pro?
To edit text: 1. Select the text you want to edit….
|Insert a tab character into a field||Press Ctrl+Tab (Windows) or Option+Tab (Mac OS).|
|Delete selected text||Choose Edit menu > Clear, or press Backspace or Delete. FileMaker Pro doesn’t place the text on the Clipboard, and you can’t paste it anywhere.|
How do I view a FileMaker database?
To verify that a database is usable from a FileMaker Pro client machine:
- Start FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced. If the application is already open, choose File menu > Open Remote.
- In the Launch Center, click the Hosts tab.
- Click your server name in the hosts lists.
- The available databases are displayed.
How do you insert a calculated field?
Add a calculated field
- Click the PivotTable.
- On the Analyze tab, in the Calculations group, click Fields, Items, & Sets, and then click Calculated Field.
- In the Name box, type a name for the field.
- In the Formula box, enter the formula for the field.
- Click Add.
How are tab controls handled in FileMaker 12?
FileMaker 12 is completely different in the way that it handles tab controls and enclosed objects. An object is still either enclosed in a tab control or not, but this is distinction is now visually blurred somewhat.
How to hide the menu in FileMaker 12?
When the user wishes to hide the menu they just click the button which takes them back to the first tab. The overall effect is really quite nice. Using this technique you could in fact end up building some rather cool menu and navigation systems.
When to group set field script steps together?
Scripts that use a series of Set Field script steps should group these steps together if possible, so that subsequent Set Field script steps can act on the record without having to lock the record, download and upload data, index the field, and so on, after each individual Set Field script step.
Is the getsummary set up in the break field?
GetSummary must be set up in the same table as the break field. This function produces subsummary values. If the database file isn’t sorted by the break field, the result is blank.