Announcing Revenge of the Akuma Clan
The sequel to my award-winning debut novel Samurai Awakening will be published in just a few short weeks. I’ve taken over my own blog to ask you, my readers to help get the word out and keep More Things Japanese going. First off, I’m sure you’d like to know a bit more about this whole book thing…
Revenge of the Akuma Clan
It’s time for Revenge. Benjamin Martin, author of the 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award semi-finalist Samurai Awakening, returns with another masterpiece of young adult fiction and the next installment in his riveting shapeshifter saga.
American teenager David Matthews has more to deal with than the average exchange student living in Japan—a lot more. In Samurai Awakening, David woke one morning to discover that he?d been empowered and possessed by the tiger god Kou. Now a Jitsugen Samurai in Revenge of the Akuma Clan and able to take on Kou’s form, David must use his new abilities to protect Japan from the terrifying evil creeping across the land—and waiting for him to fail.
As his relationships, especially with Rie his host sister, grow uncertain, he must forge deeper connections with Kou, the tiger god that resides with him, and form new alliances if he hopes to hold back the return of Japan’s ancient enemies. It is up to David to stop the powerful and vengeful Akuma Clan—and time is running out.
– – –
Revenge is the continuation of the story told in Samurai Awakening and includes aspects of some of my favorite experiences in Japan over the last few years. If you enjoy this blog, you’ll find a lot to love about Revenge. So, how can you help?
1. Spread the word! Share this post, tell people, suggest it as a great gift for kids, teens, and adults interested in Japan.
2. Go to SamuraiAwakening.com and download a Facebook or Twitter header to bring a little Revenge to your social life.
3. Add Revenge to your Goodreads lists.
4. Do something fun, unique or amazing to share Revenge with the world!
5. If you can, pre-order Revenge from your favorite bookseller.